Are you ready to turn back the hands of time? Embrace the options that will lead you to the Beauty, Anti Aging and Anti Wrinkle changes you seek. As each of us ages, the subcutaneous fat layers in the face and neck dissolve leading to the development of fine lines and wrinkles. Fortunately, there are new non-surgical cosmetic techniques that can be used to counteract these visible signs of aging.
As part of our commitment to offering the very best in aesthetic treatments and cosmetic medicine, Ignite Medispa, will be providing a variety of bespoke non-surgical options to fit almost every patients’ situation.
#1 Radio-Frequency Skin Tightening (RF)
RF is an aesthetic technique that uses radiofrequency energy to affect the structural tissues just beneath the skin. Collagen is one of the building blocks of healthy, youthful skin that decreases with advancing age. By causing the production of new supportive collagen and springy elastin to remodel the facial tissue, this highly effective anti-aging treatment option visibly reduces the appearance of fine lines and loose skin. The skin tightening effect of RF provides a safe alternative to surgical facelifts and other more invasive cosmetic procedures.
In addition to inducing tighter skin, RF treatments can also be used to cause the destruction of fat cells, leading to fat layer reduction in the treated area. This effect of RF is typically utilized when treating the fat pads under the chin.
Currently, the most common uses of RF-based devices are to manage and treat skin tightening of loose skin (including sagging jowls, belly, thighs, and arms), as well as wrinkle reduction, cellulite improvement, and body contouring.
#2 Laser Skin Tightening
The building blocks of smooth, youthful skin are elastin and collagen. With laser skin rejuvenation, pulses of light penetrate the skin’s lower layers, treating its aging support structure. The body’s natural healing process then rebuilds the tissue, with even texture and fewer wrinkles.
Aesthetic lasers are used to improve the overall health of the skin, targeting fine lines, skin tone, and texture. The microscopic damage caused by lasers promotes collagen production that helps plump up the skin. The laser procedures can be used to target the skin at varying depths, depending on the desired result.
Similar to RF, laser skin tightening techniques are used to manage and treat skin tightening of loose skin (including sagging jowls, belly, thighs, and arms), as well as wrinkle reduction, cellulite improvement, and body contouring.
When To Consider Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- If you have mild to moderate loose skin on your face, neck, arms or abdomen
- If you aren’t dealing with sagging but are looking to be proactive and help prevent or delay the onset of loose skin
- If you’ve had previous facial surgery and are working to prolong those results and improve skin quality and elasticity
- f you have mildly excessive skin following surgery, weight loss or pregnancy
- If you’d like firmer, smoother skin with improved elasticity
- If you’re not a good candidate for a more invasive, surgical procedure to correct loose skin
Pros Of Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- A noninvasive, nonsurgical technique that tightens facial or body skin
- Performed with no incisions, minimal discomfort and little to no downtime
- Appropriate for all skin types
Cons Of Non-Surgical Skin Tightening
- Cannot obtain the dramatic and long-lasting effects from a traditional facelift or body contouring procedures
- Multiple treatments are usually needed for optimal results – generally needing to be repeated every 18-24 months and may take weeks or months to become apparent
- Discomfort, skin redness, temporary swelling, numbness, or volume loss around the treated area may occur
#3 Dermal Fillers
Dermal fillers reshape and redefine areas where the aging process has resulted in hollowed out, sunken features. They’re typically used to add volume, alter the natural contours of the face, and fill in wrinkles; returning the skin to a fuller more youthful appearance. These fillers can give effective and immediate results in reducing wrinkles and fine lines. They can fill in deep folds under the skin, create fuller lips and cheeks, and restore a smoother appearance.
Dermal fillers are among the most popular aesthetic procedures because they result in immediate visible changes, very few risks and little recovery time. In general, these cosmetic injections can be described as temporary, semi-permanent, and permanent. Their effects are due to either purely mechanical filling (primarily with temporary fillers) or through tissue stimulation that causes the body to produce new collagen at the injection sites resulting in longer-lasting youthful appearance. As indicated by the names, temporary dermal fillers will require repeated injections to maintain the anti-aging effect while the semi-permanent and permanent injectables will require less ongoing maintenance.
When To Consider Dermal Fillers
- If you have deep lines or facial wrinkles around the eyes, brow or mouth
- If you want to change the contours of your jawline, lips, cheeks, or nose.
- If you are interested in a minimally invasive procedure
Pros Of Dermal Fillers
- Filler injections are quick and typically only require a topical anesthetic
- Results are immediate with little to no downtime
- Fillers provide a subtle look that can be fine-tuned to meet your personal aesthetic goals
Cons Of Dermal Fillers
- Most cosmetic fillers are temporary and require repeat injections to maintain your appearance
- Some people may be sensitive and experience bruising and swelling
- Aesthetic results are largely dependent on the experience and qualifications of your injector
#4 Muscle Relaxing Injections
Often effectively used in combination with dermal fillers, these neurotoxin injections block the nerve signals that cause muscles to contract. This effect relaxes and smooths the look of lines and wrinkles caused by repetitive movements on the face – most commonly, between the brows, crows-feet around the eyes, and horizontal forehead creases. They can also be used to help correct facial asymmetry and relax spastic muscles, especially in the neck.
The number of injections and dosage administered varies by patient depending on the severity of wrinkles. Since wrinkle-relaxing injections are a temporary solution, patients often need treatments 2 or 3 times a year.
When To Consider Muscle Relaxing Injections For A More Youthful Appearance
Deep lines between your eyes make you look tired, angry, sad, or upset.
Your facial expressions cause wrinkles in and around your eyes and forehead.
There is an asymmetry in your eyebrows or face that can be corrected by relaxing a muscle.
Pros Of Muscle Relaxing Injections
- Injections are relatively painless and carry a low risk, with little-to-no downtime.
- Smoothing out deep furrows can help you appear happier and more approachable
- Make subtle changes that give you a refreshed or well-rested look
Cons Of Muscle Relaxing Injections
- Effects of injections will only last three to six months
- Risk of droopy eye or muscle if injected incorrectly
- If the area to be injected is sensitive, bruising may occur
Microneedling is a cosmetic procedure that involves repeatedly puncturing the skin with tiny, sterile needles to stimulate collagen production through the body’s own healing process. This technique is also known as derma rolling, or skin needling.
Holding true to our commitment to using the best products and techniques available on the market, Ignite Medispa is one of the few practices in Australia using a state of the art treatment system called Aquagold Microchannel Technology. This microneedle treatment applicator penetrates the skin using thinner-than-a-hair micro-needle channels of 24K gold that allow ingredients to be infused into the skin’s second layer or dermis.
This revolutionary system can be used to comfortably administer small, diffused amounts of everything from anti-wrinkle injectables to topical pre-procedure anesthetics. When combined with the natural skin-lubricating substance our bodies produce less of as we age (the main ingredient of many dermal fillers) it gives your skin a dewy, youthful glow that lasts about two weeks. And because the needles penetrate straight into the skin during the application, there’s less of an “ouch” factor than derma rolling which can cause tender “microtears” in the skin as the roller is moved across the treatment area.
When To Consider Microneedling
- If you have minor fine lines and wrinkles that are not severe enough to justify using dermal fillers or neurotoxin injections.
- If you have superficial acne scars that would benefit from increased dermal collagen
- If you’d like to rejuvenate and tighten loose aging skin
- If you want to deeply moisturize your skin to create a youthful, dewey look
Pros Of Microneedling
- Microneedling is proven to be effective in promoting collagen resulting in actual skin rejuvenation
- Simple and relatively pain-free
- Minimal recovery time
- Because of the superficial nature of this technique, it’s suitable for all skin types
Cons Of Microneedling
- Minor redness and discomfort lasting for a few days
- Rarely reported incidence of scar stimulation
- Because much of the effect of this treatment depends on collagen production, results may not be visible for up to 6 weeks
Anti-Wrinkle And Anti-Aging Cosmetic Injections At Ignite Medispa™
To discuss whether the Aquagold Microchannel Technology, or any of the other anti-aging techniques discussed above would be appropriate for your personal anti-aging, anti-wrinkle goals, contact us today.
Call The Spa (click on tap call) at Ignite Medispa™ to book a consultation. You can ask questions and learn more about what options are right for you or Book Online NOW.